Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Thing 23 Final Thoughts - sounds ominous

I think that some of the ideas about Library 2.0 are good and some are not very useful. I'm not sure how many of the emerging ideas we will see implemented or how fast. Sometimes things change very fast and other times they never really arrive.

My favorite things I actually mentioned in my last post - LibraryThing, Blogging itself, and photo manipulation.

Quite a few of our staff are doing the 23 things on a stick. It has been generating alot of conversations. We talk about what works, what doesn't and some of our frustrations.

Unexpected outcomes -I learned about file conversion sites. I had never heard of those. They could be very handy since our software is often older than what people are using elsewhere. I learned that my Western relatives like to play poker on Facebook, also.

My biggest peeve was having to open account after account. In some ways it would almost be better if we could have some joint accounts that people could go in and edit, rather than having to open another account.

I would be interested in participating in similar programs if they are held again. I like that you can go at your own pace and work on it when you have time.

23 Things on a Stick is an interesting and educational path to exploring different ways of using the web for professional and personal interests. Try it, you may not like all of it, but you'll probably learn something new.

1 comment:

LibraryLady said...

I am so over creating another account just to be able to do something. Please, give me one stop shopping!

Bloggingly yours, H