Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Thing 21: Ning & Social Networking

Ok, I joined another social network called Ning. It appears to be more adult orientated than Facebook which reminds me of kindergarten asking for "friends".

I added the badge to this blog. I uploaded my standard Cinque Terra photo for me. I'm hoping against hope that this is the last "social network" I need to join. I'm not a social butterfly. I prefer bbs or websites I can be anonymous on and do not have to "join".

While this may be useful, I feel old and antisocial after having to open way too many accounts, most of which I don't see myself using past this educational opportunity. A few are interesting, but I prefer lurking to particapating usually.

I did enjoy the articles on PW & Webjunction. They were my favorite part of this exercise. "My Guide to Social Networks" was fun also.

No comments: