Thursday, February 14, 2008

Thing 7 Communication Tools

The library has had email for years. We have "Ask a Librarian". Sometimes it works well and other times you end up calling the patron anyway. Email works well when you have part-time or even full-time staff that don't work the same hours, so it can help in communication efforts. It also can be real time waster.

Online reference has both positive and negative features. The email part works ok. Many of the other applications are costly and outdated soon.

I use im at work. I don't have a cell phone so I don't do text messaging.

I have attended various Webinars over the last couple years. Again with mixed results. Some are very well done and others don't work due to technology or really don't have much useful content.

I tried "Twitter" previously. It drove me nuts. I do not care for it all.

No comments: