Monday, February 25, 2008

Thing 16 Assignment Calculator & Research Calculator

Back to the 23things after a week off due to illness at our branch and no time to think. The Assignment Calculator & Research Calculator are interesting tools. I can see where they would be handy for students.

I liked that the A.C. has areas that introduce students to new data sources. Libraries of any type, that have databases could use this to promote their databases and give patrons a better idea of what the database is capable of doing for them.

For disorganized people the email reminders would be nice. I guess I come from a different world/century. My K-12 emphasized writing, so many of the tools and reminders seem redundant or silly to me. However, these days, I do see too many students who don't seem to have a clue where to start or what is expected of them; these tools could be a fantastic start for them.

No comments: