Sunday, November 30, 2008

Holiday question to ponder

Why does it only take about 12 minutes to return the empty holiday boxes to the basement, when it took over 30 minutes to get them from the basement into my office during Michael's nap? I can't believe that not putting the tree back in the absement took that muych more time.

Oh well, the tree is up. My front door is officially blocked until the tree comes down. Nobody better ring the broken doorbell. Most of the decorations are up. The cards are pretty much written, addressed and stamped. I just need to verify they have enough postage to mail. I know the European ones do not. I think the only thing left to do, is dig out the holiday music, bake the goodies and wrap the presents. Yes, the presents have been purchased.

I started early this year since everything takes a bit longer when you only have acouple hours when you know who is sleeping/napping to get things done without help. I'm not sure if I'll keep the baby-gate up in front of the alcove where the tree is. It kind of ruins the effect and Michael does wander downstairs when it's not at the top of the stairs. I tend to like to have him on the smae floor as me. We'll see.

No comments: