Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Grandma & Michael/Son is sleeping

It's Wednesday evening here in Dong Thap. It's not quiet 9 pm and the kids are asleep. Mom went down first.

I was happily suprised to find out Michael/Son was coming back to the hotel with us from the orphanage. We spent the day at the orphanage again. I got a few more photos from the nannies with Son's first birthday. The older girls were kept home so they could spend Son's last day with him. It was the first time we had seen them.

We had another feast at the orphanage. We also tried more wonderful fruit. The grapefruit was much milder than the US versions I've had. The little fruits lychee and rambutans were wonderful.

Around 2 pm Michael/Son was changed into new clothes that the nannies bought him to remember Viet Nam & them by. He was not happy to go into the van away from the nannies. He settled down after about 5 minutes. He liked watching the traffic.

Mom & I took him to our room. We had lovely flowers ther from LSS & Eureka. We got him into the room before the meltdown. After his drinks and snack, he had an accident with the meltdown. Cleaning him up was fun, because he did not want to go into the bathroom and I needed to clean him up and remove his wet pants.

Maggie (sorry I'm not up to spelling her lovely french name, so I'm using the one she we could call her) and Lihn (sp?) were back form there meeting. We all went out to dinner with some others from the Catalyst foundation. It was a lovely meal with lots of courses.

Yes I tried mouse. It actually wasn't bad. So those mice at work better watch out of I'll get a recipe. There were many other courses so if you don't like mice, don't despair.

Quynh let me borrow her computer again. So after getting Son/Michael to sleep, I figured I 'd try and update the blog. The blog works better than email at this location. I do one thing on email and then it shuts down. It happens on both AOL & Yahoo, so I think it is the connection.

Well, I better get to bed, tommorow will come too soon.

2 comments:

LibraryLady said...

The ceremony will be happening soon. Yeah! this is momentous! Welcome Son/Michael to your new and improved world. You'll love it here -- we have lots of traffic ;-)

Non-adopting Heidi

Blondie said...

What great news! Missed you on my return Wednesday evening but it couldn't be for a better reason. This is a great way to keep up with your news until you return with pictures, stories and your son! Congratulations.