Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Connected again & Hotels booked

Well it took 2 cd installation disks and 3 different technial help lines to get me up at home, but I'm finally connected again. The speakers are acting weird but I can live with weird or no sound until I have the time and energy to trouble-shoot that. I think it's just cheap speakers.

I tried loading my old financial software onto the new computer and it worked. Yippee! I didn't want to learn another program if I didn't have to.

Onto the exciting stuff. Our reservations for hotel/apartments have been made. We get to pay the lovely bill today. We will be staying in the Cao Lanh Guest House while in Dong Thap. It's very reasonable, think YH (youth hostel) prices. In HCMC (Saigon for the older crowd) we will be at the Somerset Chancellor Court. And in Hanoi we will be at the Sommerset Grand. I googled them, they look lovely. As the family joke goes - definately Rotary Style. They are apartments with washers & dryers, full kitchens, the works.

Our visas, my mom's & I will be ready sometime late Thursday. We will be picking them up on Friday. I have the day off. Today I get to go to my doctor and try and get a prescription for scabies, etc. Mom & I are playing with luggage this morning also to see what fits.

Two more days of work and then I'm not due back to work until late August. The last time I was away from a job that long was when I quit my job in my late twenties to go back to library school. I took a 4+ week trip camping, hostelling and visiting relatives trip before school started. Wow time does fly. Italy in 2001, came close with 4 weeks off, that was lovely also.

No comments: