Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Thing 45 Cloud Computing

Ok, I read the PC magazine article. Yes there are advantages to having your stuff backed up at remote services. If there weren't do you think businesses and such would bother? Do I plan on doing it? No.

I tend to backup the most important stuff on flash drives these days. I had a computer crash last summer and lost stuff. I got the computer up long enough to retrieve my vital stuff before it crashed again. So backing up documents is something I'm trying to be better at.

Even the safest sites have security issues and I don't want my stuff out there. Paranoid, maybe, but I feel ok with that decision.

I tried Zoho & Goodgle docs and found them to be a pain. Too much advertising or not that easy to use. They bogged down my productivity since I had to figure out how to use them and then had to correct whatever it or I screwed up.

I glanced at some of the bookmarked cloud applications and at this time do not plan on using them.

No comments: