Thursday, May 29, 2008

Computers, can't live with them or without

Well B&T's Titlesource has been working, knock on wood and throw salt over the shoulder. Now our internet computers for the public are driving me insane.

A.S. did an update on some part of Cybrarian, our filter/print software. The update or upgrade is going to do me in. Now it takes anywhere from one minute to ten minutes to log in. Logging out is a nightmare. The computers freeze if you look at them wrong.

When the computer asks you if want to log off and you say no, it logs you off immediately; while if you say yes, it takes anywhere from a minute to 15 to log you off. ???? Explain this logic to me, please.

Last night I spent 4 hours rebooting computers and telling people to hit the "NO" button. I wanted to runaway and hide by the end of the night. This problem has been going on since the upgrade with no fix in sight. If you see a librarian on the news who went postal....

No comments: